Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hair trouble and need salon advice... help?

Hi... I just moved to a new area and have gotten multiple salon/stylist recommendations from people i trust. i went to get a consultation today and i am really discouraged. i want a really good haircut and maybe color, and i want to look cool, but i'm just afraid i can't afford it. is it normal for people to spend so much on hair-care? any advice? thank you!Hair trouble and need salon advice... help?
Sucks, doesn't it?





I'd had the same hairdresser for almost 9 years when I found out I'd be moving out of state. Grrrrrr! She knew my hair as well as she knew her own!





I've now lived here for almost 4 years, and JUST THIS WEEK got my first great haircut since I've been here! It took me this long to find someone who could work with my hair. I've probably been to 20 different salons. Some were the cheapie ';walk-in'; places, and others were VERY pricey indeed.





Best advice ... yes, good hair-care can be moderately expensive, but it doesn't have to be outrageous. If you can find a salon that you like and a stylist who seems willing to work with you, build a relationship with that person. It can take several visits and some time for your stylist to become familiar with you and with what you want.





Once you are a ';regular'; with a particular stylist (and at a particular salon), your stylist and the salon will bend over backwards to make you happy!





In the meantime (until you find your perfect ';match';) take advantage of all the ';free consultation'; offers you can find. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner!) you'll find someone that seems right for you ... and paying extra for that is worth it if you know that the end-result will be what you want, not just something you have to live with!Hair trouble and need salon advice... help?
a good cut and hair color, especially if you have two or three colors put in your hair at once, from a good hair salon is going to cost around 80.00 or more. Again it depends on the quality of the hair salon. But it last for several months and it is something you will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment