Monday, August 23, 2010

Tumbling! I need to get in shape and get ready for tryouts ASAP! Advice & help?

Tryouts are in like, four weeks. I've not gotten a chance to go to our schools few designated gyms that offer tumbling and trainging. One, because I have no ride, and two, I'm completely and utterly terrified. Not only have I never cheered, but I haven't been in gymnastics for a decent eight years.


The bitter truth - I can't even cartwheels anymore. Nor can I handstand.


Plusses - I'm smaller than five foot and less than 100 pounds, my friends, many of which cheered on last season's team, really want me to join and think I would make a great flyer. I've got great balance and with a little core training I believe I'd also make a great flyer. I'm also a rather good dancer, I take classes every day.





I need tips on working my core muscles fast, learning tricks again (these girls can throw double back handspring roundoffs and all kinds of insane tumbles). My goal is at least a back handspring or better (varsity requirement). Advice, help, experience, fellow gymnasts %26amp; cheerleaders?Tumbling! I need to get in shape and get ready for tryouts ASAP! Advice %26amp; help?
I would find a friend to take a tumbling class with, you could carpool.


Ask the best tumbler or a good one for a private informal class.


Talk to the coach. If you have no ride because of working parents or something, she will probably be sympathetic.


There is cheerleading with minor tumbling. You could have parts in the routines that require less.


Be good at everything else.


Practice basic tumbles, like cartwheels, roundoffs, and handstands. Not anything more.


See if there is an open gym day at the gym and if you can get a ride that one day. There are coaches there to help.





If you ask for a specific tumble I can help, I've been a tumbler [not gymnast - tumbler!] for years and good at explaining.Tumbling! I need to get in shape and get ready for tryouts ASAP! Advice %26amp; help?
geez that's long!
HIP HOP ABS! AN HOUR AND A HALF EVERYDAY!!! WOOT!
omg i'm in the EXACT same position you are right now. My tryouts are in three weeks though. i've been having my experianced friends come over everyday after school to help me with tumbles and stuff. just keep working at it !

No comments:

Post a Comment