Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I own a modeling website and I need some advice.. help?

It is a modeling website, a year ago this photographer decided to help me out with the site and get some of her models to be on the site. She took the pictures and I placed them up on my website. I had direct contact with the models themselves and they were more than happy to be a part of the website. Now, there was no model release or photographer release needed because we were all 'aquaintances' and had worked out a deal on how the site would work. Now a year later she tells me she no longer wants her photos on the site because shed rather work with a different site, one that pays. But, my question is, legally do I HAVE to remove the photos??I own a modeling website and I need some advice.. help?
Yes you have to remove the photos because the photographer owns the copyrights to them. You can take her to court, but she will win. Even if she did not file her copyright notice prior to the law suit, she can still file before the court date. Check out Photoshop User TV episodes 169 %26amp; 170. They have copyright attorney Ed Greenberg as a guest and he explains the copyright law in great detail. http://www.photoshopusertv.com/I own a modeling website and I need some advice.. help?
Yes because there is no legally binding contract to say she has to keep those photos up for X ammount of time

No comments:

Post a Comment