Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I think i have a trojan. i need some advice - help?

I think i have a trojan. i need some advice - help?


okayyy! ahh well.


i was just downloading some music


[i learned my lesson no more will i do that]


and i got a pop-up from windows liveonecare


that said a trojan vius was trying to gain acess to my computer


i cleared it


and then it came up again,.


then i delete all the music files.


cleared the history


restarted the computer


and now im fully-sweeping my computer.


so my question is


do you think i have a virus.


and maybe im just freaking out my computer seems to running a tad bit slowerr.


HELP PLEASE


i have a vista.


and all i need is a yes or no answer.


not removal things


cause i have one.I think i have a trojan. i need some advice - help?
Well you obviously did have one. The question is do you still. Run your full sweep and see what comes up. I do think it's normal to think your computer is running more slowly after something like that, even if it's not.I think i have a trojan. i need some advice - help?
You're probably fine, sounds like your virus protection did it's job properly, so I would just re-boot it and if you get the message again, then you should write down exactly what the name of the virus is and post back here for more help.





Deleting the music files was good but did you delete them from your Recycle Bin too so that they're completely off your system?





And if you used a program like LimeWire, you should get rid of it, very very bad for having viruses attached to files.
remove all your cookies and all history better use YOUR UNINSTALLER software. it deletes everything so it wont give popups and things.


U get pop ups because of tracking cookies.





its just a pop up not a virus i guess. (NO).
Do an antivirus scan again. If your antivirus/firewall program says there's a problem, there usually is a problem (unless, of course, you have Norton because Norton is just $h!t).
Yes because it happened to me once. I have vista too.

No comments:

Post a Comment