Saturday, August 21, 2010

Performing arts course in college? advice? help?

I've been interested in performing arts for years. I go to a performing arts school.


I'm 16 and starting college in september and I need to do my application forms and all that jazz.


Today I phoned my local college and spoke to the head of performing arts and she was really coc.ky. and when i was in the middle of saying something she went ';okay then sorry bye'; realllllly fast and before i could say another word she hung up. It made me angry.


Now I'm not sure if I should do the course, cause if the head is coc.ky then she's probably trained the teachers to be like that too.


I don't mind people being big headed as nearly everyone in that industry is. but co.ckiness grrrrrr.


I'm doing health and social and I was told i could do 2 courses as a lady took a liking to me.


Should I do performing arts or not?


I know I could easily leave but still.Performing arts course in college? advice? help?
I guess it would depend on where your heart is.





Can you picture yourself going into health and social and regret not pursuing your artistic side?





In my case I studied English Literature for a year, and found it just was not where my heart was. I spent most of my time playing music in the stairwell for that whole year with friends and knew that performing was where my heart is ... so I went to a school for the performing arts.





I can't say I regret it ... as now my career in the arts is developing quite nicely.





If you want to try performing arts as a career choice I would go for it while you are young. If it doesn't work out you can always go back and get something more mainstream ... but it is harder to go into a 9 to 5 job or shift work and also pursue an artistic career.
  • gold makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment