Saturday, August 21, 2010

Morning sickness is making me miserable - pls help, advice?

6 1/2 weeks pregnant and feel sick all day long. I do get a reprieve for a couple of hours in the afternoon but that's it! I'm finding it difficult to cope with and don't know how I'll cope when back at work next week. I've never experienced nausea as bad as this. Any advice?Morning sickness is making me miserable - pls help, advice?
I have suffered HG (Hypermesis Gravaderum) with my last pregnancy up to delivery and during my current pregnancy. Here are the few tips I have for you.





Never have an empty tummy - no matter how hard that my be. Keep pretzels, saltine crackers and any other dry/salty items you can handle close. Eat a few even before getting out of bed in the morning, then eat very small - easy on the tummy meals every 2 hours.





Drink LOTS of water - dehydration and constipation are the 2 ';devils'; of morning sickness - they make it worse then it needs to be. Dehydration is also very dangerous for your unborn, so be extra careful.





Items that can help with nausea are ginger -in tea or candied, Papaya, b12 vitamins (25 mg 3 or 4 times a day) low vit B12 can also cause or add to nausea.





If all else fails you will need to ask your Ob/Gyn for drugs. They have several safe anti-nausea drugs that you can take that REALY help. I am currently on Anzamet - once daily and Reglan - as needed up to 4 times a day and I still get sick at least 2 or 3 times.Morning sickness is making me miserable - pls help, advice?
I had constant nausea too and the only thing that really helped was eating every 2 to 3 hours, never letting myself get too hungry. Good luck and congratulations!!





32 weeks with #2
Try to eat saltines or any kind of crackers that should help the nausea. Also drink water so u don't dehydrate but take very small sips every 15 minutes to wet ur mouth. Hope u feel better.
Try eating saltine crackers those seem to do the trick for nausea.
did the same thing but for about 13 weeks. i ended up having to have an i.v. in the hospital which was even more miserable b/c i was dehydrated and the nurse had to try 5 times to start the i.v. the dr. said the fluids usually have a reverse effect on morning sickness and i guess it did b/c after the i.v. i wasn't sick all day, every day just every once in a while and by week 15 i wasn't sick at all! you might try ice water and saltine crackers! good luck, hope you feel better.
Well, I went through the same thing. Nothing made me feel better except ginger ale. I had ginger ale by my side 24 hours a day. I used to miss like 2 days out of work a week because I was so sick. I lost weight at first then towards my 5th month the morning sickness went away. Try toast, saltine crackers, lemon drops helped a little for me also, some say those sea bands for motion sickness worked also. Try some of these until one do the trick for you.
try keeping crackers next to your bed and eating some before you even get out of bed. Also eat as soon as you can and as soon as you get hungry, don't wait until it is too late. Carbonation helps me the most. drink a coke or sprite, for some reason it settles my stomach. Don't stick your tooth brush too far down your throat and avoid strong odors or odors that offend you in any way. It is going to suck and unfortunately you can try all the tricks of the trade but sometimes you may still feel sick. Six more weeks you will feel better then you have ever felt, the first trimester is a B****!! But the second is so great. If you are too sick where you are not gaining any weight then you need to contact your doc because there is medication but it is usually a last resort. GOOD LUCK!
Have you tried Sea Bands. They help a little. I know how yukkie morning sickness can be. I had it for abt 16 weeks - especially in the evenings. Try these bands . You will get it in pharmacies. Sorry honey. Hope you feel better!!
rest and eat and drink whatever you can. i had severe morning sickness for 2- 3 mos w/my last 2 pregnancies :(


though w/my son they finally gave me anti-nausea medication. not sure if they'll give it to you this early because when i called my OB and talked to a nurse last week (at 7 wks pregnant) they said to just make sur i'm not dehydtrated. i'd even lost a few pounds and she didn't seem to care. thankfully it's lessened (?) up a little bit. if i keep my tummy full i just feel a little queasy. when i get hungry i feel absolutely horrible and have to eat right away or i feel like i'm gonna puke! what got me through the 1st week of all day sickness (who came up w/the term ';morning sickness'; anyway? lol) was peanut butter crackers, sprite, gatorade and occasionally chicken noodle soup. good luck and eat whatever you can keep down and make sure you don't get dehydrated.
-get lots of sleep (very helpful!)


-never let your stomach get empty or too full


-munch on something sour, candy, soda, something


-drink protein shakes with fiber--this got me through! nothing else helped me!


-or nibble on something that sounds good


-stay hydrated


-keep cool, breeze on the face helps

No comments:

Post a Comment