Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need help and advice - 15 with bad mental health?

I'm 15 and for a year now I haven't associated or participated in school or peer/friend activities, been out to a shopping center or left my town. Of course my family know something is wrong with me but I suppress my issues and haven't spoken to anyone openly about it. I'm always anxious and I fear people will not accept me, or speak foul of me - paranoid I guess. I have thoughts of death. I'm scared of being outside.





The thing is I WANT to have a life, I want to enjoy my teenage years and I DON'T want to feel like this anymore. I resent my Mom (who coincidently is a nurse) for not helping me or insisting I receive help - but now I do want help and I don't know how to ask for it as she can be a very cold and uncomfortable to speak to. I feel I probably need to be on medication but I don't know what the process of this will be, or which medication I will be put on..





Basically, how do I ask about this issue and what medication or process will I be put through?





Kind regards,


SiennaI need help and advice - 15 with bad mental health?
counselling may help.I need help and advice - 15 with bad mental health?
You might have mild depression. Your mom can


help. Good luck.
Sienna, I beleive you have agorophobia. I have agorophobia, too, along with other mental health problems. I am 28, have tried therapy, drugs, you name it, and nothing helped. Then, last August I tried medical marijuana, and my life has improved drastically. A common misconception is that the marijuana makes you more paranoid. I have found that by sticking with the right strains (only indica's or indica-dominant crosses), I rarely get paranoid, and when I do, it's not major. Before I started, I was getting to the point where if I had to leave my home, I would start obsessing and worrying about it 5 or 6 days beforehand. I was almost housebound. With marijuana, I can go out pretty much when I want, and if I get anxious, I find it much easier to think rationally and talk myself through it. I used to sweat profusely when I got anxious, which would of course make me self-conscious and more anxious, but I find this isn't a problem for me as long as I have some pot before I go out.





Please read my answer to a similar question that was posted today (I beleive mine is the 4th answer from the top): http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>





It gives a more detailed account of my own experiences as well as information on the safety and effectiveness of medical marijuana and how to obtain it. And if you decide to go this route, don't let mom stand in the way. Try your best to educate her, but if she doesn't come around, just do it. Life is too short. Do what's right for you. After a bit, when she starts noticing how much better you're doing, she shouldn't have a problem with it.


I hope you've found this information helpful, and if you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to email me. :)
sienna darling you must see a dr he will prescribe an antidepressant for u...meantime try yr hardest to stick to a daily routine...make lists..eg. have shower go to shop...cos these things r hard to do when u have deression...n tick them off as u do them to give u a sense of achievement
First off, you've already got a good start by seeing you have a problem. You do need pro help, but the good news is, you're not alone. What your describing is common in teen agers. The not shopping, now that one worries me, taint normal girl. LOL
First off, go to both your school nurse and school counsellor. I would also recommend that you talk to your family doctor about how you are feeling. He may put you on anit-depressants, or refer you to a psychiatrist, which I think would be good for you.





If you dont feel like your mom is approachable on this subject, those other people can find ways to help you and support you.





You can always call a kids help line or crisis centre as well.





Talk to all of those people (school nurse and counsellor, family doctor and try to see a psychiatrist). All of those supports in place will help you. Good luck!





big hugs!





licenced paramedic

No comments:

Post a Comment