Thursday, July 29, 2010

Going to the Olympics! Any tips, advice and help?

Ok, I am going to the Olympics, so don't try to stop me! Don't say I can't or won't have the skill. I have the horse with the right personality and heart. I am going in six years! How to I prep myself and my horse. Oh and I want to go for jumping/ jumpers. Please let me know how high the jumps are, thank you! Also, if you say anything mean, then i will report you and delete your comment!Going to the Olympics! Any tips, advice and help?
I saw your horse on another question you asked and I don't see him being up to Olympic par in 6 years. He'll be just 9 in three years and probably won't have enough jumping experience to excell like you hope. His conformation, while nice, isn't stellar and doesn't strike me as super athletic.





That being said you certainly have the drive to achieve this goal so I would suggest you practice, practice, practice and move your way up in the show ring. Ride as many horses as possible and really work on your horsemanship. Work hard and don't stop trying if you don't make it in 6 years, a lot of the top riders don't make it unitl they are in their 30's.Going to the Olympics! Any tips, advice and help?
Well, you'll be the only one there as there won't be an Olympic games in six years (2015). The next Olympics is in London in 2012. The next one after that will be in 2016.





I believe the jumps are about 5'5';. You should probably start by reading the USEA rule book for jumpers as well as the FEI rule book. The next thing you should do is schedule some lessons with an international level riding instructor.





By the way, only YA management has the power to delete answers, not individual users.
Im sorry to say but I doubt your going in 6 years.. If you don't even know how high the jumps are then you have got A LOT to learn. I would say if you save up your money and buy a $60,000 plus horse and have tons of experience you could make it in 20 or so years.. All those horses that compete in the Olympics are around 20 years old and are highly bred they've also been doing what they've been doing their entire life. Im sure you have the skill in you but it's gonna take more than 6 years from where your standing. Good luck and don't give up your dream! Just remember to be realistic.
Find a good mentor, someone who has been there. You might have to work really hard as stable help, but be available and work very hard for the right person. That is the first step.


Then you need to show, show, show and do a lot of winning on the major circuits so that you will be seen by the backers.


Then you need money and lots of it, to compete at the level that is required, including those majors that were mentioned above.


If you have the heart and are willing to work and find the right mentor, then your goal isn't entirely out of reach. It may be with this horse or another one, but you have to be Realistic about what it takes to get to that level.
Just throwing this out there, but comments can't be deleted for just being ';mean'; in one person's opinion.





You need to enter as many ';big name'; shows as you can in advance. Rolex Kentucky and other qualifiers where scouts will be. You need to go to horseshows and enter USEF Talent Searches as often as they are offered and do consistently good. If you place in the top couple as far as points go, you might have a chance at being long-listed.
You'll need:





More action.





Less talk.





And a willingness to take and learn from criticism.





Good Luck.
HAVE FUN AND DON'T LET ANYONE BREAK YOUR SPIRIT!!!!!!!





GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Tori
Yep, get a job that pays big bucks because to get to that level that is what is will cost you.. big bucks!!





You will spend, spend, spend and spend some more and if you don't have a job that can pay for it, you will be pretty much out of luck.
Go for it. I eventually want to go to the olimpics in the future. I beilve if I'm not mistaken I believe the jumps are 6ft

No comments:

Post a Comment