Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need uk legal advice, help please?

I bough a carpet from a well known supplier and had to apy upfront, 拢3000. The carpet was fitted and was faulty, this was reported and checked. I was told it would be replaced in mid January. When I heard nothing, I spoke to the store manager who said we shouldn't have been told this and they would like to repair it. I said absolutely not, I paid for a perfect carpet, so an inspector is coming in a couple of weeks, 5 weeks after it was fitted and I informed them of the fault. I couldn't wait to have wardrobes fitted any longer and so rolled back the carpet only to find a veru poor underlay fitted and not the Tredaire supreme I have paid for. I immediately rang the manager who said it must be the fitters. What come back to I have? I paid by credit card but they have not responded to my mail of last week. I have also reported this to the companies head office but they refer back to the store. I have inferior carpets and they have swapped expensive underlay with rubbish. Help?I need uk legal advice, help please?
It is the company you bought from that are liable to you. It may or may not be the fitters that are actually at fault but that is up to them to sort out amongst themselves.





You are entitled to a product free from faults, blemishes etc. However, you do not have an absolute right to a full refund. If a repair is possible the seller can insist in offering you a repair not a refund if it would be unreasonable or disproportionate to give a refund. This may be such a case because of the cost involved in replacing the entire carpet. However, the repair does have to put the carpet into brand new condition for this to be acceptable.





Obviously if the underlay is also wrong then the entire carpet will have to come up. If this happens then they can't relay the same carpet anyway because they need overlap to make sure it is properly fitted.





My advice is to make your complaints in writing and to keep copies. Insist they give written replies as well. That way you have evidence to give to the credit card company that the carpet co are not co-operating.





But the fault on the back burner. Point out that the underlay is not what is required or what was paid for. Insist that the entire job is redone with fresh materials within 7 days. If they cannot comply insist in a full refund so that you can buy elsewhere. If they try to fob you off with ';it's the fitters'; remind them that under the Sale of Goods Act it is the seller who is responsible to you.I need uk legal advice, help please?
You have a back up, as you have paid ny credit card. I would contact your local trading standards office as they will help you deal with the company in question.





They will help you word a letter to the company. Send a copy of this letter to your credit card company, as this will help you, should you need to claim back off the credit card company.
jobs abroad are certainly an exciting idea, but you have to be really watchful of the law-related implications, if you don't do your research correctly, there can be regrettable results! The resource in the box below resolves these problems because it shows how to make a living from Google, and you can do that anywhere in the world!
No such thing as the 'Small Claims Court' - it's the 'Small Claims Procedure in the County Court' - but you might think about alternative ways of dealing with your problem. For advice on all of these see:





http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoa鈥?/a>





Good luck!
Get advice from the Citizen Advice as there is an upper limit for to pursue it through the small claims court.
Take this to the ';Small Claims Court';. Just call at your local Court House and one of the Clerk will advise you as to how to proceed or contact your local CAB or Town Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment