Thursday, July 29, 2010

Should I take a year off??? I need your advice!!!!HELP?

Okay so i'm a senior in highschool and i plan on graduating this year. I want to go to college for either screenwriting, theatre or something that has to do with making money. The problem is i been struggling with my weight for a few years now [5'7 200 ibs] and i want to take a year off to work %26amp; loose weight. I want to work long enough to save up for liposuction or a tummy tuck which is about 7, 000. I don't want to go to college worrying about my weight, I want to be comfortable in my skin and be more active in school. I understand it would be nice to just go straight to school and get it over with....but i'm really thinking different. Do you think I should take a year off [ instead of going straight to college] just to get my life together...before I jump into school again???????Should I take a year off??? I need your advice!!!!HELP?
I think from the sounds of things a year out could be really good for you. You seem unsure about what to do with your life. Going for a job just to make money isnt really a good idea, because you will more than likely spend most of the time feeling miserable. I would instead spend some time thinking about what makes you happy, what you enjoy doing, and if you are able to make a career out of that. If you think that you would like to do something in the theatre, see if you can get some work experience locally to get a taster of what it might be like and whether its suited to you. You could also read up on possible careers in your local library.


As for the issues you have with your body image, plastic surgery really isnt the answer. It would be a temporary fix, but chances are you will put the weight back on if you dont change your life style and you will also find other things about yourself you want to change. Instead work on trying to improve the opinion you have of yourself, read self help books or just start catching yourself out everytime you put yourself down. Paul Mckennas book 'I can make you thin' is amazing as well. Really changed my way of thinking and helped me change my way of looking at food and eating so i lost weight natuarally and its staying off. Take some time, get a simple job to bring some money in but that doesnt put a lot of pressure on you, and work out what you want and where you want to get to in life. You'll be so much happier than forcing yourself to carry on when you arent happy.


Hope that helpsShould I take a year off??? I need your advice!!!!HELP?
well, it won't hurt to wait a year to go to college, but diet and exercise will solve your problem for less money than surgey. Start with a doctor who specializes in weight loss. If you want to make money, study medicine or law. You could study to be a physician's assistant which is less arduous than being a full fledged doctor.
no you should stay in school it is very inportant and i now how you feel i hate school too but i have to go because i want to go to collage to become something so if you want to drop out of school go ahead but remeber me when you are a burger fliper
Don't take a year off. Go to college. I promise, its worth it.
go to college!

No comments:

Post a Comment