Saturday, July 31, 2010

My 17 year old daughter's boyfriend I need advice HELP?

My daughters boyfriend admittedly smokes pot, he has smacked my daughter in the butt in front of me and her grandfather, he has picked her up at 3am on several occasions without our consent, he has used extreme fowl language towards me threatening me with violence and telling me how my daughter is just gonna get in his car and drive away with him when shes 18. He screamed at my other daughter pointing his finger into her forehead. I have filed a menacing and assault charges against him and am trying to get a protection order. The principal at school met with me and a sheriff just this morning and he is keeping them separated. This kid is 18 and is a classless piece of crap! I am doing everything I can to keep him away from my daughter. Now, my daughter hates me. I love her so much and I am just trying to protect her from this man. How do I begin to heal our relationship?My 17 year old daughter's boyfriend I need advice HELP?
Well good for you for being a good dad. She's going to ';hate'; you for a while. But she'll get over it. There isn't anything you're going to be able to do. She's going to resent you and be so mad for a long time possibly. Eventually she will realize you were protecting her, and doing your job as her father. Don't tell her you are sorry. And do not let her disrespect you. Take away her phone and computer, because they will see each other and communicate. If she needs a phone for security reasons, either call your phone company and ask how to block numbers, or better, get her one of those child phones that can only call 3 numbers. She needs to know that you're doing this for her safety. He manipulated her, so she thinks he loves her, and she loves him. She'll thank you later. Keep her on lockdown! Good luck getting through this...!My 17 year old daughter's boyfriend I need advice HELP?
Explain to her that this would have ended up a terrible relationship! Anyone with any sense could see that. You need to explain why you did what you did, and tell her that she's better than that. She deserves better than some druggie who is violent to her own family. Classless, certainly. Tell her, ';when this kid ends up in jail, be happy what I did for you,';
well he is a no class bum


she will find this out one day.


give her one week with him and she will find out what a crap head he is and when he screws another lady she will see he is a booty call man.


sometimes we learn by out mistakes.
Go on ';Parental Control'; !!!
time,time will, do the right thing for her, she'll apreciate later)^^ ,tell her ab hr Bf, he is a jurk! i think she deserve something better
Protect your daughter!!! Don't let her be controlled by this creep. I'm guessing all he wants is sex.
its your fault u gave her to much liberty and this is what happends when you try to be friends with your kids instead of being a parent good luck with that
try to talk to her as a friend. do not try to shout. if you are shouting at her, it will make it worse..
Probably the best advice i can give you is to have a talk with her. Speaking as a teenager we often don't listen to our parents because we believer they are just overly protective and trying to lead our life. Arrange to meet with a counselor or someone who has gone through a relationship like this and talk. Listen to her above all and show her trust.





Do little things for her to show you love and care for her. If she shoots you down every time you try keep at it. Persistence will eventually tear that wall down and show you care enough for her to keep trying.


(I do not mean buying her gifts to make her like you. I meant among the lines of sweet toughts like writing her a letter, renting her favorite movie, going camping, etc)





So keep at it and good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment