Thursday, July 29, 2010

My parents getting back together, complicated? opinions, advice, help?

okay so about three years ago my parents decided to seperate, so my dad left and got his own house. but they didn't divorce, they were just seperated. then my dad started spending the night and they got back together. i did not want him to move back because i told him i was scared that he would leave me again, and he said i promise i'll never leave again. he lived with us for about a year and then they decided to seperate again. this time they actually moved on with the divorce. they were half way through the divorce and now he's living here again. he was only staying here because his power was out, but i think that was just an excuse. my mom says that they might get back together and me and my two brothers don't want them to. we keep telling my mom this but she won't listen to us. my dad isn't dangerous or anything, we just don't want them married, and we don't want his living here. my mom won't listen, what should i do?????My parents getting back together, complicated? opinions, advice, help?
Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!


My parents have been divorced for nearly ten years after a messy break up when I was 13. I can't IMAGINE how awkward it would be if they hooked up again. Ugh, I'm getting queasy. I totally feel you and your siblings on this, you poor things. And with the added trust issue, I can see that you have a real pickle here.





Divorce is a horrible process, especially when it doesn't end. It's a nightmare and I can see why you just want it to stay over.





I think you should tell your parents that their co-dependant indecision is bringing you and your siblings real stress. Say something like, ';It's your lives, but this is also our lives, and you are putting us through hell every time this changes. So be sure of your choice this time, because we are sick of the back-and-forth and not being able to trust our parents. Tell them if they get back together to keep you guys out of the marriage and swear to you that they are sure.'; I would write them a letter about this.





In the meantime, get some audiobooks on itunes to tune your life out until you're 18. I know from experience that you have zero control in this situation. You are going to have to learn how to detach for now, but don't lose your ability to get emotionally involved with people (like I did, haha). You can have your say, and hopefully your mom will consider it, but in the end, they are going to do what they want to do. Adults in love are selfish, and they are going to put you guys second in this, fair or not. They still love you, but they just aren't going to be rational.





Good luck.My parents getting back together, complicated? opinions, advice, help?
You really have no say in this





If your Dad posses zero threat of abuse then I'm sorry stay out of it

No comments:

Post a Comment