Thursday, July 29, 2010

Which path should I take in college? Offer some advice, help me make my decision?

I'm starting college. My plan's to get a Masters in Social Work. After community college, I will transfer to the university.





Basically, my choices are -





CHOICE ONE! - at community college, earn the General Ed requirements for transfer (can't get to U if haven't done that). Start social work as normal in University. This means all over less work, less time( = less money), but nothing to fall back on and nothing to really put into play earlier, before U is finished. I would get out of school sooner altogether, though.





CHOICE TWO! - at community college, earn an Associates in Human Services as well as overlapping things to get the Transfer General Ed credits. This means a few more classes, more time, and more money at community college, but an extra degree to fall back on if something goes wrong, and to possibly put into play earlier (by getting a job in a related field while at University).





Hmm.... help me out here? Any factors I haven't thought of? What would you do?Which path should I take in college? Offer some advice, help me make my decision?
I would do choice two - but not for the reasons you cite. I would do choice two because it will expose you to what you think you want to major in and you can make sure you are on the right choice. If you decide in your CC you can explore other options - you still have your GE done and will transfer into uni with no problem.





DA

No comments:

Post a Comment