Thursday, July 29, 2010

Should I take a year off??? I need your advice!!!!HELP?

Okay so i'm a senior in highschool and i plan on graduating this year. I want to go to college for either screenwriting, theatre or something that has to do with making money. The problem is i been struggling with my weight for a few years now [5'7 200 ibs] and i want to take a year off to work %26amp; loose weight. I want to work long enough to save up for liposuction or a tummy tuck which is about 7, 000. I don't want to go to college worrying about my weight, I want to be comfortable in my skin and be more active in school. I understand it would be nice to just go straight to school and get it over with....but i'm really thinking different. Do you think I should take a year off [ instead of going straight to college] just to get my life together...before I jump into school again???????Should I take a year off??? I need your advice!!!!HELP?
I understand how you feel about your weight, but in all honesty you aren't big at all, considering the stats you just gave. In college, nobody cares if you were the captain of the cheer-leading team or the prom queen. They don't have time to pick out little petty things. I think that taking time off to lose weight is kind of a waste of time. More than likely (knowing this from working in a hospital) a doctor isn't going to perform that kind of procedure on someone your age.





Taking time off from school to work, I believe is a good idea. I took three years off so that I could save money for books and other expenses. Believe me... it's all expensive. My time off was well worth it and I wouldn't change it for anything. It helped me to grow up and understand things that I didn't understand when I was 18.





The decision is yours, but I do think you should take time off because you want to and you want to be more ready for college. Worrying about your weight is almost foolish and honestly minute in the world of college.Should I take a year off??? I need your advice!!!!HELP?
Taking 1 year off is fine, I did it myself and it was a good experience, however make sure you are working full time during that time. If you are not, it can get very irritating and boring quick, and a year is a long time, maybe 6 months might be better if you do not want to lose too much time. Though losing weight should not be the only reason to take a year off, you can still do that even while at school.
time is too precious to waste working a year


get used to the body you are in





go to a junior or state college to save money and learn a valuable trade like business administration
Lots of people take a year off to work on different things, whether it's travel, work, or whatever. Some colleges even allow you to defer your enrollment, so you would complete your applications now, get acceptances in the next few months, but actually enter college in the fall of 2010.





You seem to have a good reason to put off school for a year. In addition to working, you could take a few classes at a community college, do some volunteer work, or something else like that, so that you can show colleges that you used that extra year constructively. Be prepared to write an essay detailing what you did to present to colleges.





Good luck!
Do not take time off from school because of a little weight. and DEFINITELY do not get any liposuction! Thats ridiculous! there are long time damaging effects from that and you're not even that fat! 5'7 and 200 pounds! you can work that off so quickly! Please do not waste your money and risk your life because of a little extra weight





I guarantee, if you dont feel good in your skin now you wont when you're smaller. You need to work on self esteem more than your weight .





You can do it! I dont think you should get any surgery or any time off of school
  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment