Saturday, July 31, 2010

Help! I want to move from Academic life in London to Oxford.Has anyone got any advice?

Such as advice on what to do where to live,the Oxford Tube(How much for a Years worth of trips)Will the University pay for daily travel of this sort?Cheap eats?Mature College?Cost?Help! I want to move from Academic life in London to Oxford.Has anyone got any advice?
There is a wide selection of flats, digs, residences, etc. Your college will help or local estate and letting agencies. There are plenty of buses, but, no, the university will not pay daily bus fares, so get yourself a bike. Usual selection of high street chains for cheap food and the large numbers of students means there are plenty of them. College for mature students (full and part-time) is Kellogg College, Oxford University. Brookes University also caters for mature students at a less stratospheric academic level. Costs are bound to be less than London but not as much as you might expect. As regards general advice, unless you are currently attending Imperial, University College or LSE, forget Oxford University. You would be eaten alive academically. Brookes is a safer option.Help! I want to move from Academic life in London to Oxford.Has anyone got any advice?
remember your teddy bear hehe
Unfortunately, it has been many years since I've lived in Oxford, although I've returned many times to visit, so I can't give you a lot of inside advice, but I CAN tell you that Oxford doesn't have a tube! I'm afraid you would be stuck with buses!

No comments:

Post a Comment