Thursday, July 29, 2010

Turbo stock Mazda 3 advice/help/info/how to setup?

I'm trying to turbo my stock Mazda 3i 2008 it's a 2.0L 148hp stock. I installed a magnaflow cat back 2.5 inch. I'm trying to find out what I need to do to setup my car. I'm only going to try to run 8 - 10 psi of boost. Is this safe or do I need to do engine mods? I know I was told I need to get a fuel/engine management system to setup the car and bigger fuel injectors. Do I need to do more to it any help will be great.Turbo stock Mazda 3 advice/help/info/how to setup?
Below are links that speak to parts and specs as well as a manual that can assist in the proper installation of your turbo kit. I recommend triport engineering because they have road tested what you are trying to do and had the results published in Sport Compact car magazine in 2007 the article is entitled ';Mazdaspeed 3-the budget MS3. I further recommend you google and read the article, very good information. If you review the information suggested all your questions will be expertly answered. Magnaflow is a fine pipe.





Best.Turbo stock Mazda 3 advice/help/info/how to setup?
Hey dude,





First of all I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND an aftermarket Fuel Management System and high volume injectors.





10 PSI is not much but it is enough to make things go BANG if you experience a momentary lean condition.





You'll need to pay someone with the toys to map the ECU on a Dyno.

No comments:

Post a Comment