Saturday, July 31, 2010

Using a diaphragm .. need advice.. Help!?

I gave birth 7 months ago and I decided to use a diaphragm cause i don't want to take any hormones. But i have been having some problems with it. first of all when i originally got sized , i was having problems keeping it in place and i would go check on it and it would be basically out so i went back to get a smaller size. now even with the smaller size it doesn't feel like its completely in place . Im using ortho flex,did anyone have this problem with this brand, where it doesn't completely stay in place?.. my second problem is that when i take it out the morning after i found that its somewhat painful/uncomfortable. could it be that my skin inside isn't completely healed since i gave birth 7 months ago.. i had a pretty bad repair. any advice would be appreciated thanksUsing a diaphragm .. need advice.. Help!?
dude if you don't want to get pregnant just get an IUD its totally safe and you won't have to worry bout it falling out and you can keep it inside of you for up to five years. You just have to check it every month to make sure it is still there. I've had it for l 2 years now and i haven't had any problems.Using a diaphragm .. need advice.. Help!?
I have used diaphragms a lot in my distant past so I understand what you are dealing with.





However, I feel that only a good gyn doctor can help you with this and effectively answer your question. I think that your doctor you got the diaphragms from is inept as he/she ought to be able to provide you with a properly fitting diaphragm and be able to see what the problem is. You need to change doctors and find one that can tell you why these two diaphragms didn't fit properly. There is a reason why they didn't. Either they are both the wrong size, or there may be something about you physically that makes either those ones not fit, or all diaphragms not fit. I had to stop using diaphragms because as I aged my physical area there changed so that no diaphragms could fit me! This was a big shock. Again, a good doctor could tell you if diaphragms can in fact work for you and if you just are getting the wrong sizes, and if your body is such that it cannot hold a diaphragm, he can tell you what alternative birth control methods you might be able to use other than hormones. You are right, birth control pills are dangerous.
Don't leave it in longer than the time recommended. I also use a diaphragm and gave birth 7 mos ago.





With my first son I had an episiotomy and it hurt for almost a year so that is possible.





Did the dr have you put it in in the office and then check to make sure placement and fit was good? They should do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment