Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need some relationship advice. Help!?

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and nine months. We've had our problems like any other couple, but recently he told me he had a conversation with his mom and she said something like ';yeah you guys seem more like friends now';. Which is really bothering me. Here's some background, I'm 23 years old...he's my first boyfriend, first real date, first everything really. Most people have the opportunity to go through that awkward stage in middle school, you know, when you feel awkward holding hands in public, or sit ten feet away from the other person on the couch at your parents. Well at least that's what I imagine I would do...and unfortunately that is pretty much me now. I mean..don't get me wrong...we're intimate on some level, but we rarely act like a couple in public. The most we probably do is I'll hook my finger in his belt buckle, or he'll put his hand on my back as we walk. I don't think we've even hugged infront of our parents, let alone kissed. I know probably most of it is because I feel awkward...and he doesn't want me to feel awkward, so we've just gotten in the habit of not acting affectionate infront of other people. I should also mention that at this point in our relationship we haven't had sex yet either. Which I think and he agrees also has put us into the friends zone unintentionally. Before he couldn't keep his hands off of me and we'd make out for a very long time..now we rarely kiss for more than a few minutes. I love him very much and he feels the same, but I'm afraid that because we aren't being phsyically intimate that we've put ourselves in a position where the relationship can't go on anymore. Don't get me wrong, I believe that the best relationships are built on great friendships..and I'd say we are best friends. I can talk to him about anything and have complete respect for him. I'm definitely physically attracted to him and I know the same is true for him. He isn't pressuring me into anything that I don't want, but I guess I'm just afraid on a lot of different levels of what it'll do to our relationship and to me personally. I mean if we're just friends will taking the next step in our relationship physically really help? I'm afraid that if I decide that sex will bring us closer (which I think we to make sure our relationship is sound before we take that step) that our relationship will still fail and I'll have given him something that I can't get back. Just stuff that's been on my mind....comments and opinions would be helpful...but please if you are going to be rude or judgemental you don't need to comment, that isn't helpful at all.I need some relationship advice. Help!?
Check out PassionsForum.com





It's a site for asking questions about relationships and other people on the site will give you their feedback and you can talk back... I feel like its better coverage than getting random answers on here because you can reply to them and have a full conversation about what your problem is.I need some relationship advice. Help!?
dont move into the sex phase yet


let him make the move


he sounds very slow


dont frighten him
whats the ?
Do you know how lucky you are to be friends with the guy you love?! SO many jump into a relationship for sex, and realize they dont even LIKE the guy! SOunds like a GREAT place to start for a lasting mature relationship. Take things slowly, and enjoy the ride! Good luck!
Sitting side by side on your parents couch, maybe your hand on his leg or vice versa, thats cute. Thats not being to clingy, and its showing that you aren't scared to show your affection for this guy. Start out small steps, and then continue on with bigger ones.


Theres some things though, that you don't do in front of your parents, or his parents, don't walk up to him and start making out with him while his parents are in the room, thats different, and its something you need to do while your alone.


Don't jump into the sex phase, because I agree that you shouldn't give up something special to you, because you wanna be close to another person. You can become close in other ways then just having sex with him. Theres also many ways to show your love for this person, instead of sleeping with him. Once your ready, you'll know, and thats when you do it. Sex is something you share with a person your inlove with, you just want to be closer to this guy, and losing your virginity to get that, in my opinion, isn't really worth it.
i dont really understand what the question is, from what i skimmed your thinking about having sex? i think if you have to think about it, then you're not ready for it. you are old enough to know when it feels right or when you are feeling pressure to do something uncomfortable. sex cant make you ro break you its how much you enjoy eachother that will do that. don't think of it as something of a burden have fun with the decision. whether you do it or not stay true to you.
Don't make decisions based on his mother's comments. She is only on the outside looking in, and does not know the details.





Do not be pressured into anything. Wait until you're ready





What is your opinion of my question: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment