Sunday, July 25, 2010

I got a promotion at work and need advice!! Help Please!?

Ok so my boss gave me a promotion, because the other guy never came in to work so he gave me his postion permenatly. I am still going through a temp. agency and have to work 1000 hours before they will let me go or my boss can get the contract. I was wondering how and when I should ask when I will be hired on full time, and when I can have a raise (i'm not making that much and doing alot of work)? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Rude comments Please keep to your self. Thanks!!I got a promotion at work and need advice!! Help Please!?
I am positive your boss has a payout rate that he can pay to get you off the temp payroll and onto his faster.





It doesn't matter whether he pays it over the 1000 hours in the markup, or pays a lump sum. Sometimes he can negotiate a better deal by going lump sum.





First, you need to find out what your markup is, and what the payout is. Then figure in taxes, workers comp insurance and benefits to see if maybe you two can negotiate with the temp firm.





But, my gut is telling me that he won't do this because his company, like almost all other companies in America, is struggling. And many will be handing out layoffs for Christmas this year.





You don't state how long you have held your temp job, a month? two months? Depending on the report you have with the boss, you might try sitting down and talking to him about bringing you on permanently faster. As I said though, he may not because if he has to eliminate your position, as long as you are a temp, the unemployment expense isn't his.





Good luckI got a promotion at work and need advice!! Help Please!?
Well, I understand your concern. I however don't understand how he can give or offer that position without consulting your Temp Agency. I've worked with temp agencies before, and from my understanding the agency needs to be notified. If you like this job and don't want to loose it, find out discretely; check the company's guidelines. If they need to be notified per their rules, then simply call your rep at the agency and inform her or him. Just because your wit a temp agency doesn't mean that the company can do as they wish. they have to follow rules too, and if that position pays more, then with more reason for you to make sure all is being done correctly. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment