Thursday, July 29, 2010

I want to write a story, can you give me some advice? can you help me with a plot?

Since I have been reading quite a lot this summer, I was inspired to write a story and someday write a book. Can anyone give me any advice on writing? Also, I need some help creating a plot.


I'm leaning towards a romance type story.


I'm 14 years old c:I want to write a story, can you give me some advice? can you help me with a plot?
Congrats! Writing is my favorite thing to do. I do it 14 hours a day,I need some sleep. But my dreams go in my books. so 24/7.





You just need to listen to your heart. It is easy! Don't sweat it and don't write more than one book!





Ideas- Well you can make it based off of a song. I think you should do theese songs.


Outside looking in, Jordan pruitt.


My shoe jordan pruitt


don't stop believing, journey


Under pressure, queen





for outside looking in you can do a girl who loves the boy who starts all the rumors about her. And when they finally go out she starts to like this other boy?


My shoe you can do this girl who is super super shy, like doesn't even talk shy. Has one friend that is the janitor. the janitor asks him who he likes and he says her.


Don't stop believing, well you can creat that one good luck.


Finally underpreaser. You can do it about a town that gets all the pressure. The person who is not even smart at all figures out the promblem.








Or you can make it about a celebrity that is tied of the poperazii and trys everything but then she ends up going to a jungle where no one can see her and she loves it there. So then she gets stronger.








Rember listen to your heart. Good luck. It is easier if it is basic off of a song. Or you experienced it. or dreamed do one of your dreams.I want to write a story, can you give me some advice? can you help me with a plot?
The story would be ours---not yours---if we helped you with the plot... If you're leaning toward romance, then write romance... Think of how you want your characters to be, where you want the setting, and go from there.





My advice on writing, is to actually WRITE! I've known many people who wanted to write a book, yet all they did was talk about it... They would constantly write ideas down, scribble them out, write more ideas, scribble those out, and so on... When I write, I have a basic idea in mind, and I run with it; sometimes it goes in a direction I never would have seen coming... And, it was better for it!





Also, make sure you improve, as you go... Another thing I've seen, are mistakes that don't get better as the writer moves on to the later chapters, or to the next book... Ask for some unbiased feedback, from someone who won't mind hurting your feelings, cause that's the closest you will get to a readers' (a stranger) opinion... Family and friends who are gushing over your stories, *just because* YOU wrote them, won't do you any favors... And, get thick skin. You may need it!





Goods luck!
Build your plot by observing everyday conversations and, strangely, sometimes water (puddles, cups of..., bodies, even rivulets) can inspire us. Music is a good thing to listen to, unless you can't work with sound. Take walks or jogs--it's good to be outside sometimes.





Read a blog, or a book, or a quote--it gives you an idea on writing style and such. It might even be good to keep a quote book in your pocket to keep you inspired. Food always works for me, too ;)





Try thinking of non-cliches. They're always more interesting, in my opinion. They're different. Not like the others.





Good luck!
For articles, tips and writing prompts go to http://www.writersdigest.com





You will discover that sometimes it can be very difficult to come up with a good idea to write.





One suggestion, be different, don't write about people with special powers or gifts. Don't write about vampires or werewolves or witches and wizards. Normal everyday people can be extraordinary if you mess with their lives enough. Push your characters past their limits and see what happens. The results may surprise you.
hey if you be interested send me a email and i could help you out more and you could help me out or if you have msn messager send me a message i'm laurabethhalf-pint@live.com





build your plot this always goes first if you can't theres no story figure out your ideas on what will happen





then build your characters now their names their relation to each other their personalities





then build a timeline of when everything will happen when each event happens when each character is introduced


~~~Scooby-Doo~~~
I wouldn't make it a full on romance but have the romance an alluring subplot like most young adult books are. U could have a lot of action and the protagonist falls in love with the wrong person.


Maybe like The taming of the shrew where they hate each other at the start but must work together to beat an unknown source and on the Journey to beat him/her/them they fall in love but know what they have to do first.
advice:





“WRITING IS THE GREATEST OF ARTS, THE SUBTILEST, AND OF MOST MIRACULOUS EFFECT; AND TO IT THE EDUCATION IS COSTLIEST.” — RALPH WALDO EMERSON
Believe in yourself and your ability to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment